Here is a list of some important steps to take if you are planning on buying a house in the next few months:
Do collect you past 2 years tax returns and w2!
Do collect you past 2 Paystub’s
Do find you social security card and State ID.
Know your credit!
1. Don’t apply for new credit of any kind.
2. Don’t dispute credit accounts.
3. Do keep all existing credit card accounts open.
4. Don’t MAX OUT or overcharge existing credit cards.
5. Don’t consolidate debt to one or two cards.
6. Do stay current on your existing accounts.
7. Don’t pay off collections unless asked to by your loan officer.
8. Do pay off all judgments, or tax liens.
9. Do be current on your student loan payments.
11. Don’t make any large purchases via credit.
12. Don’t plan a major purchase, a cruise or a wedding, at the same time.
13. Don’t make large cash deposits. Paycheck are OK.
14. Do build your bank account to cover at the minimum your down payment.